Union defence minister Rajnath Singh and road transport minister Nitin Gadkari will lay the foundation stone for Rs 4,200 crore Lucknow-Kanpur expressway on Wednesday (January 5).
On Thursday, Nitin Gadkari tweeted that the government has approved Rs 1,935 crore for the construction of the Lucknow-Kanpur expressway.
The 63-km long Lucknow-Kanpur expressway will be constructed with 3D Automated Machine Guidance (AMG) module for highway building.
- The 3D AMG technology will almost double the construction speed.
- 3D AMG technology will also enable officials and contractors to get live updates of the progress on their phones or computer.The project will help implement 3D AMG systems in the highway sector.
- The expressway will be the first to use 3D AMG technology.
- The expressway starts from Amausi airport and will connect with the proposed Ring Road in Kanpur via Unnao.
- About 13km-long section of the expressway will be elevated.
- The 13 km elevated section will be constructed by National Highways Authority India (NHAI) in the first phase and the remaining by UP Expressways Industrial Development Authority.
- The deadline to complete the project is 2023.
- The six-lane expressway will reduce the travel time between the two cities to 55 minutes from two hours.
- The Lucknow-Kanpur expressway will also boost the commercial activities in the region.