The flooring brands are offering customers greater quality and choice than ever before. The innovations combine craft techniques with new technology. Flooring technology and materials are being experimented with, to give a sustainable and long-term advantage. Hikerete is one such organization that is providing polished concrete flooring services. Their polished concrete not only utilizes existing concrete surfaces to eliminate the need for additional materials such as coverings/coatings. It also typically contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Company’s Polished concrete delivers ROI by significantly reducing energy and maintenance costs through reflectivity that improves ambient lighting, reduction in upkeep and reduced tire wear for specialized applications. They have ventured into the polished concrete line of flooring with a tie-up with HTC Sweden, a leader in the manufacturing of concrete grinding & polishing machines worldwide. They are providing HTC Superfloor™ services in India.
It is the revolutionary flooring concept with a technique that makes concrete more than just strong and hard-wearing. The technique is as simple as it is ingenious. HTC’s machines and diamond tools grind and polish concrete floors to remove the surface paste and expose the stronger concrete beneath. By installing HTC Superfloor™ you transform your construction concrete to a usable, dust-free and hard floor that becomes more resistant to wear and traffic. It can be applied in new as well as on old concrete floors.
Advantages of HTC Superfloor™
- HTC Superfloor™ will really make you appreciate the advantages of having concrete as an exposed floor surface. Dirty, grey floors are transformed into brilliant, easy-clean, environmentally-friendly and durable floors.
- It combines aesthetics with functionality. The glossy concrete surface is not just aesthetically pleasing, it brings a host of other benefits too.
- An extremely economical option for all types of business activities. The life cycle cost is about 60% less than for traditional flooring solutions. And using the Twister method of cleaning, you’ll find your floor is simple,environmentally-friendly and cost-effective to maintain.
- Compared with traditional methods for concrete floors or epoxy, HTC Superfloor™ offers unbeatable durability. The processed construction concrete has an unlimited lifespan, i.e. the same as the lifespan of the building.
- Uses as much as 30 times less energy than traditional flooring solutions. The Twister floor maintenance system is also the only completely eco-friendly cleaning method.
- Available as four different concepts. Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. This means you can choose between a floor with a matt surface finish or a high gloss
- The resistance tests conducted, both on floor joists and concrete slabs on the ground, show that HTC Superfloor™ complies with the SS-EN 61340-5-1 standard. Measured values fall within the range for the international IEC standard and the American ANSI/ESD standard too. The limits stipulated in the standard for the handling of electronics have not been exceeded by HTC Superfloor™ in any case.
- Suitable for industrial, warehouse and public areas.
Four different HTC Flooring grinding concepts
HTC Superfloor™ Platinum
Platinum is the concept that gives the floor the best characteristics and it is the one they recommend in the first instance. It involves more grinding steps than in the other concepts. The result is a durable floor. The method involves grinding away the concrete skin and exposing the underlying, stronger concrete, in the form of fine material, gravel, and, where possible, aggregate. Due to the nature of the concrete construction, the larger aggregate may be exposed unevenly in the surface. Normally, 2 – 3 mm of the surface is ground away. Due to the nature of the concrete construction, the larger aggregate may be exposed unevenly
Using the Gold concept, you do not grind as deep into the concrete as with Platinum. This means that less ballast is exposed. Just like the other concepts, Gold then involves polishing the floor with HTC Twister™ to achieve a gloss that is almost as brilliant as a Platinum finish. Gold produces a floor with excellent resistance to marks from truck wheels, etc. HTC Superfloor Gold is ideal for concrete floors that are already even and level.
HTC Superfloor™ Silver
Silver is the concept to choose if one desires to obtain the characteristics of a well ground concrete surface. The method involves grinding away the concrete skin & exposing the underlying stronger concrete in the form of fine material, gravel & where possible aggregates. Normally 2 mm of the surface is ground away. .
HTC™ Superfloor Bronze
Bronze is the concept with the least number of grinding and polishing stages. This concept does not involve exposing construction concrete. Instead, the top layer of the surface paste is polished but not removed. This process creates a stronger surface paste with a shiny finish.
Hikrete Polished Concrete Floors
Hikrete polished concrete floors have lots of benefits that make it stand out from other flooring options. Considering the modern technology used in transforming concrete into a very smooth and aesthetically pleasant flooring, customers have the chance to benefit from their services. Their service is gaining increased acceptance over floor coating & is ideal for industrial floors, warehouses, commercial floors, etc. Prompt service & technical support has been the mainstay of the company. Customized solutions & the promise to introduce innovative products in the concrete flooring range has been the founding principles of Hikrete. Going forward Hikrete shall continue to provide the best value for money service & products in the concrete floor finishing domain to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction & success.
For more details, visit- www.hikrete.com