Monday, May 20, 2024
HomeNewsTop News5 buildings of Chintels Paradiso granted for demolition

5 buildings of Chintels Paradiso granted for demolition

Deputy commissioner Nishant Yadav on Monday granted permission for demolition of the five towers declared unsafe for habitation in Sector 109’s Chintels Paradiso.

The developer had sought permission to demolish towers D, E, F, G and H after IIT Delhi declared these towers unsafe in its structural audit report.

Edifice Engineering, the firm that razed the Supertech twin towers in Noida in Aug 2022, will demolish the Paradiso towers. But unlike the Noida towers, which were brought down in a controlled implosion with 3,700kg of explosives, the Paradiso buildings will be razed floor-by-floor by crusher machines.

Edifice has already started removing fitouts (doors, windows, plumbing and electrical accessories) of these towers and submitted a demolition plan and timeframe to the builder.

The DC granted his permission after taking suggestions from the departments concerned — MCG, Haryana Pollution Control Board, police, and the public works, disaster management, town and country planning, fire, and labour departments.

According to the letter granting permission, debris from the demolition site will be disposed of at an MCG site and measures will be taken to minimise dust pollution and ensure safety of residents and adjoining structures. Police and fire department will keep an eye on the situation.

The letter further mentions that in case of any kind of negligence, accident or mishap, the builder management will be held accountable. The builder management will send progress reports regarding demolition to the district town planner’s office and the ADC every 15 days.

In the first phase of the demolition plan, which is underway at present, the contractor is removing fitouts. In the next phase, which is likely to start from May 1, the towers will be demolished by high-reach jaw crusher machines (which can crush concrete and steel), which are safe and have the highest reach. Secondary demolition — which involves breaking up the debris into smaller chunks — will be carried out by June 20. The site will be cleared of debris by December 15.

A spokesperson for the developer said there are about 288 flats in these five towers, of which the management has so far signed agreements with 150 flat owners under the buy-back. “Around 50 allottees have agreed to the re-development scheme. The management is trying its best to sign settlement agreements with the remaining flat owners. Demolition will be carried out keeping in mind the rules and instructions of the permission,” the spokesperson said.

A portion of the living rooms of five flats caved in at Tower D of Paradiso on Feb 10, 2022, killing two residents.

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Hot News