Skyjack Elevate Live allows operators to access machine data as well as inspection guides and familiarization materials by scanning a QR code on the machine.
“Until now, when operators needed information about the machine’s current state of health, they have limited options,” said David Swan, product manager of technology and innovation, in a prepared statement. “We’re providing instant access to data for the operator to help them better understand proper battery care, which ultimately saves…companies money.”
Providing operators live data on machine health has always been a difficult task due to the complexity of providing login credentials to all the personnel on an often changing job site, according to Skyjack. Elevate Live provides immediate access without a password.
Elevate Live is available on all Skyjack equipment, whether or not Elevate telematics is installed. If a machine does have telematics, the operator will see the machine’s state of health including a simple percentage of battery life, last charge date, and recommended charging action. This information comes through the Battery Management System (BMS). On a combustion machine, engine faults and daily usage metrics are displayed.
If a machine doesn’t have telematics, the operator still has access to:
- Operator manuals: standard paper copies are still on the machine, however a digital copy complete with a search function saves
- time searching for specific text on site;
- Familiarization videos: brief visual overviews of the machine;
- Serialized machine information: specific information to the machine including parts manuals and specification sheets
- Emergency lowering procedures: how-to guide in case the operator or occupant is unable to bring the lift safely to ground level;
- Pre-use checklist: visual guides for pre-use inspection;
- Quickstart guide: a symbol-based, non-language specific overview of how to get started and best practices for use.
“Making our support material more readily available to operators increases the probability that they’ll interact with our machines as recommended, thus supporting our safety initiatives, and our customers’ cost of ownership goals,” Swan said.