PM Narendra Modi is likely to flag off Indian Railways’ first Amrit Bharat on December 30, according to a report .According to sources cited in the report, the first Amrit Bharat train will be launched between Ayodhya and Darbhanga in Mithilanchal.
While Ayodhya is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Rama, Mithilanchal is said to be the birthplace of goddess Sita.As per the report, Modi is likely to flag off six new Vande Bharat Express train services on December 30 as well as two new Amrit Bharat trains. The second Amrit Bharat train is likely to run in South India, sources told.
Amrit Bharat train features
- It is expected to be in hues of orange and grey.
- The train is designed with a locomotive at each end, enabling a ‘push-pull’ operation for faster acceleration, thus reducing travel time.
- It will be a non-AC train with 22 coaches – 12 second class 3-tier sleeper cars, 8 general second class coaches, and two guards compartments. In the guard compartments, there is space for ladies in one coach and differently abled passengers in another coach.
- The Amrit Bharat train will have jerk free semi permanent couplers
- It will have maximum permissible speed of 130 kmph
- It will have light weight foldable snack table
- There will be fully sealed gangways in the Amrit Bharat trains
- Mobile charger with suitable holder and foldable bottle holder will be there as well.
- The train is expected to have aesthetically pleasing and ergonomically designed seat and berth with improved colour blending
- There are said to be improved cushioned luggage racks in the new trains.
- The Amrit Bharat trains will come fitted with zero discharge FRP modular toilet besides aerosol Based Fire suppression system in toilets and electrical cubicles.
- Railways have fitted radium illumination flooring strip in the trains for passenger’s convenience.