FM Sitharaman begins her budget speech by expressing empathy to those who suffered during the pandemic.
India’s growth estimated to be at 9.2%, highest among all large economies; we are now in a strong position to withstand challenges, says FM
PM Gati Shakti will pull forward the economy and will lead to more jobs and opportunities for the youth
- Masterplan will encompass the seven engines of economic transformation
- PM Gatishakti masterplan for expressways will be formulated in next financial year
- The National Highway network will be expanded by 25,000 kms in 2022-23
- Four multi-modal national parks contracts will be awarded in FY23
Rs 48, 000 crore is allotted for PM Awas Yojana
- In 2022-23, 80 lakh houses will be completed for identified beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana; 60,000 houses will be identified as beneficiaries for PM Awas Yojana in rural & urban areas.
- 60,000 crore allocated for providing access to tap water to 3.8 crore households
- In 2022-23, 80 lakh households will be identified for the affordable housing scheme
- Contracts for laying optical fibre in villages to be awarded under BharatNet project under PPP in 2022-23
India to launch sovereign green bonds
- Funds will be used for projects that will help reduce carbon intensity of the economy.
- Sovereign green bonds will be part of government’s borrowing programme in FY23.
- Proceeds to be deployed in public sector projects.
A boost for Railways under the Gati Shakti plan
- 400 new-generation Vande Bharat trains will be developed and manufactured in next 3 years.
- One station, one product’ concept will be popularised to help local businesses.
- India plans 100 cargo terminals in 3 years