Strengthening may be required for concrete buildings and structures for the increased load capacity of structural members and for supporting additional loads not included in the original design. It is also required to relieve stresses generated by design or construction errors or for the restoration of the original load capacity of damaged structural elements. Due to excessive load, exposure to toxic environments & abuse bridges, jetties, buildings & pipelines get deteriorated with time. This creates a necessity for strengthening to make the existing structural members safe. In such scenarios appropriate method and material is a prerequisite to regaining their structural strength. One such method is the reinforcement by Fiber Reinforced Polymers in the form of thin laminates or fabrics. It uses carbon fiber fabrics/ laminates on the surface of the concrete to form a composite that works in coordination with concrete to strengthen the component structure and improve its mechanical performance.
RELinforce™ product ranges from Reliance Composite Solutions are used to rehabilitate and strengthen the damaged or deficient concrete structures to take the designed loads with the use of carbon wrap technology. Relinforce™ system comprises high-strength carbon fabric fully saturated with an appropriate resin system or pre-cured laminates to provide required additional strength to any damaged structure. There is a wide range of products combined with outstanding combinations of properties, such as low weight, immunity to corrosion, excellent mechanical strength and stiffness to tackle the issues on hand with ease. Applied in the form of a flexible fabric during installation, it is then saturated with a resin matrix, allowing it to harden to a very strong material with a strength-to-weight ratio.
Its features include;
- High strength with low weight
- Minimal change to structure’s shape, weight or appearance
- Corrosion resistance
- Thermal compatibility
- Flexible wrap allows tailoring to the desired shape
- Excellent fatigue behavior
- Faster repair than conventional methods
- Welding and heavy equipment are not needed
- Minimal disruption and noise during preparation or installation
- Low total cost
Relinforce™ just doesn’t repair degraded structures, but it makes the structures stronger even against harmful effects of seismic forces or further corrosion. It is flexible in its application and can be used on nearly any type of structural member to harden and increase structural capacity.
It is used for;
- Structural reinforcement of building beams, columns and floor slabs
- Reinforcement of bridges, jetties and deck structures.
- Corrosion and reinforcement of commercial and industrial buildings
- Pipe structure reinforcement
What makes Relinforce™ unique?
- End-to-end offering: includes design, materials, installation
- In-house resin manufacturing capability
- ● Consistent quality of carbon and glass fabric
- In-house capability to offer tailor-made solutions
- Availability of design team – Material Engineering Centre for bridging the gap between chemistry & application
- In-house Application Development Centre to cater customized and specific needs
About Relinforce™ Carbon wrap & Glass Fiber-reinforced polymer products
Relinforce™ range of Carbon wrap & Glass Fiber-reinforced polymer products are manufactured and supplied under Reliance India’s Composites Solution Division. Reliance Industries Limited is India’s largest private and one of the most profitable private sector companies and the first Indian Fortune 500 company. Relinforce™ product range is used for structural strengthening & protection of the structural members using guidelines that conform to international standards. These products just don’t repair degraded structures, but it makes the structures stronger even against harmful effects of seismic forces or further corrosion. There is a wide range of products combined with outstanding combinations of properties, such as low weight, immunity to corrosion, excellent mechanical strength and stiffness to tackle the issues on hand with ease.
To know more about the product, visit- https://www.reliancecomposites.com/