After day-long confusion, the National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) on Monday night decided to defer collection of toll in Phase 1 of the Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway to March 14. This means all motorists cruising on the road will not pay user fee till then.
Earlier in the day, Mysuru MP Pratap Simha had said toll collection will be deferred till service roads were ready. He had deleted the tweet later, causing confusion among users of the road.
The NHAI had issued a notification in print publications announcing the toll chart for various categories of vehicles for the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta section (first stretch) of the expressway. It was to kick in on Tuesday morning.
Simha had told that he was seeking suspension of toll as grievances of motorists were brought to his notice. “We’ve written to the NHAI’s head office in Delhi as well as local units to accept our request and postpone the toll collection. However, we have not received any official confirmation yet. We will ensure this move is put on hold,” the MP said.