Aditya Birla Group’s cement flagship, UltraTech has reported robust earnings for the second quarter. Consolidated Net Sales were up 14% YoY at Rs.11743 crore. The company reported a PAT of Rs.1314 crore.
Some of the key highlights of the quarterly performance include:
1) Q2 EBITDA Margins at 24%
2) Grey Cement Domestic Volume growth of 8% YoY.
3) Impact of 17% increase in energy costs were partly offset by reduction in power consumption and continuing focus on operational efficiencies.
4) Green power mix has improved to 15%
5) Net Debt to EBITDA reduced to 0.47x from a peak of 3.77x post the UNCL and Century acquisitions in FY19
6) Grey Cement Volume growth of 8% YoY.
7) UltraTech commissioned cement capacity of 1.2 mtpa in October 2021, which is the 1st phase of the 19.5 mtpa capacity expansion announced in December 2020
8) UltraTech’s total cement manufacturing capacity in India has now increased to 112.55 mtpa.
The table below captures the financial performance at a glance.
(Rs. in crores)