The advent of innovative designs keeps prompting formwork manufacturers to come up with new and custom solutions to meet the needs of abstract projects. Contemporary building system is dominated by complex geometries and ever-higher buildings, and the success of these projects depends largely on efficiency in the construction process.
Discussed below are few of the innovative formwork technology adopted across the globe,
Modular Formwork Systems are generally easy to assemble and much faster than conventional Formwork, saving time, allowing you to pour sooner.
In addition, with the option to hire, Modular Formwork Systems save contractors by reducing the costs associated with conventional purchases. This eliminates the need to recover purchase costs by reusing or reselling materials once the job is complete.
When choosing to either buy or hire formwork you should look for a supplier who provides:
- Advice on the latest innovations and formwork solutions within the formwork industry,
- Safety and guidance through well planned design & support,
- Quantity take off’s to accurately provide material costs pre construction, and
- Re assurance knowing that the equipment is serviced and tested and therefore quality assured.
There are many advantages to using a Modular Formwork System that can assist you in your scope of works. Adding value to your project by providing innovative time saving solutions but never at the expense of safety and quality.
The advantages of this are;
- Fast assembly when compared to conventional formwork,
- Less complications and “surprises” on site,
- Hire costs were significantly less than the upfront purchases for conventional formwork components,
- Re assurance knowing that the hired equipment had been serviced and tested prior to use,
- Share of responsibilities between Contractor and supplier.
Modular formwork systems are designed with standardized panels and component items to reduce or limit the need for cutting material on site. This speeds up the overall process and therefore requires less labour on site. They are also interchangeable with conventional methods.
FORM WORK MANAGEMENT BASED ON UBIQUITOUS COMPUTING FOR HIGH-RISE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
The recent development of ubiquitous computing has resulted in an improvement of management performance through real-time monitoring and control. Especially, in high-rise building construction with reinforced concrete structures, form work requires effective management systems to reduce the duration and cost of structural frame work and subsequent activities. Recently, a concrete curing management system by adapting a ubiquitous computing environment has been developed as a method for effective quality management.
WIRELESS TEMPERATURE MONITORING FORMWORK SYSTEM
The constitution of the existing wireless temperature monitoring system is in Korea. The system transmits the temperature data measured from the sensors wirelessly in real-time into the personal computer in the site office, and estimates the maturity and concrete strength. The data are also stored in the computer server, and information is shared with related experts for technical support.
Fiberglass Reinforced Plywood System is the key to that perfectly cast roof with the smoothest finish that requires no plastering.This fiberglass shuttering building systems represent a revolution in the area of shuttering because of their lightness, simplicity, durability, solidity, resistance to temperature changes and their price competitiveness. One of the major advantages with these systems is that they offer simplification of shuttering with the same mechanical properties of other systems.
- Smoothest finish among existing concrete formwork and shuttering systems
- Unmatched building quality and durability
- Lower cost, no plastering required & faster project delivery
- Easy customization and repairability
- High re-usability
Tunnel form is a formwork system that allows the contractor to cast walls and slabs in one operation on a daily cycle. It combines the speed, quality and accuracy with the flexibility and economy of in-situ construction. Construction durations are reduced significantly by this rapid system when compared to conventional methods. Tunnel Form System brings speed, quality and accuracy to concrete construction and provides big savings in finishing and M&E works. Hi-tech technologies for steel formwork production make tunnel forms strong & durable. The system creates efficient load-bearing structures which are known as the most earthquake resistant structures.
The result is a cellular reinforced structure, the surfaces of which are sufficiently high quality to require only minimal finishing for direct decoration, while the end walls and facades are easily completed with thermally insulated units that can be clad as required. The system creates an efficient load-bearing structure for use in a wide variety of applications. It is particularly effective in projects suited to repetitive cellular construction such as residential blocks, hotels, student accommodation, barracks and prisons.
CONCRETE FORMLINING FORMWORK
Architectural concrete has developed into one of the most important means of design in modern architecture. No other building material can be used and processed in such a versatile manner. Therefore, architectural concrete is used for almost all construction tasks.
Through the design capabilities of the fresh concrete, virtually any shape and quality can be economically realised with the help of appropriate formwork systems and formlining.
The creation of architectural concrete as a design element is influenced by the following:
- Formlining and formwork system.
- Concrete mix, including type of cement and aggregates.
- Added pigments.
- Selection of a suitable release agent.
- Subsequent surface treatment, such as washing, sanding, polishing and sandblasting.
- Hydrophobizing impregnation, colour varnishing and coatings.
- The development of the building material concrete with new concrete types such as high-strength, lightly-compacted and self-compacting concretes as well as fibre-reinforced concretes (steel and textile fibres) opens up further areas of application.
This is a more advanced formwork type than the modern conventional type as there are prefabricated formwork items. For example there are prefabricated formworks for slab panels and supports and other structural parts.
Fabric formwork is a building technology that involves the use of structural membranes as the main facing material for concrete moulds. Unlike traditional formwork, the material is highly flexible and can deflect under the pressure of fresh concrete. The resulting forms exhibit curvature as well as excellent surface finishes that are generally not associated with concrete structures.
PERFECT ALUMINIUM PANEL (PAP) SYSTEM
The Perfect Aluminium Panel System is a long life and easy maintenance formwork system which guarantees 200 times monolithic pouring. A special extruded profile made from a robust aluminum alloy provides the Perfect Aluminium Panel with its high level of rigidity and versatility. Combined with superior quality 15 mm thick formwork panel, birch plywood and plastic overlay the Perfect Aluminium Panel System can absorb high levels of concrete pressure. The Perfect Aluminium Panel System with its systematic modular design and corrosion resistance offers high assembly efficiency and good construction quality making it an ideal formwork for the modern construction industry.
PERFECT ALUMINIUM PANEL (PAP) SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
- Systematic Modular Design.
- Light Weight Formwork – Panels weigh:22 to 30 Kg/m2.
- Multiple family sizes for columns and wall panels i.e.: common height families (cm) : 60, 90, 120, 240 ; common width families (cm) : 15, 30, 45, 60, 75.
- Permissible fresh concrete pressure 60kN/m2, complying with international Standards.
- Finish: mill finish – special alum alloy.
- Corrosion Resistant.
- Crane Independent.
- Offers Long Life and Easy maintenance.
- Adopts plywood panel with plastic overlay.
- Sheathing options available are plywood or plastic.
- Utilises state of the art manufacturing technology.
- External working platform is provided.
- Perfect Accessory System for use with minimal tools.
- Offers standard health and safety protection.
- All system components are manufactured in RS Group premises.
Info and images: