Yes, in the UK a gas boiler should be serviced regularly by a suitably qualified Gas Safe professional. Regular boiler servicing helps to ensure that your boiler is operating safely and efficiently This is important as it can help prevent breakdowns or in worst case scerios a boiler explosion.
What is checked during a boiler service?
A qualified engineer will check and clean the various components of your boiler, including the burners, heat exchanger, and flue during a boiler service.
They will also check the safety features of the boiler, which will include things such as the pressure relief valve and even mor importantly the carbon monoxide detector.
How often should a boiler be serviced?
Boiler manufacturers typically advise annual servicing, though the recommended frequency may vary based on your boiler’s age, condition, and manufacturer’s guidelines. It’s advisable to consult with a qualified heating engineer or follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for your particular boiler.
How much does a gas boiler servie cost in the UK?
The cost of a gas boiler service in the UK may differ based on factors such as location, boiler type, and desired level of service.
On average, a boiler service in the UK can cost between £80 and £120.
However, it’s important to note that some heating engineers may charge more or less than this depending on their experience and the level of service they offer. It’s always a good idea to get quotes from several different heating engineers to compare prices and find the best value for your money.
How can you pay for a service?
Some boiler servicing companies may also offer service plans or maintenance contracts, which can provide additional benefits such as priority service and discounted repair costs.
These plans may have an annual fee, which can range from around £100 to £300, depending on the level of cover provided.
Overall, the cost of a gas boiler service in the UK is relatively affordable compared to the potential cost of repairing or replacing a faulty boiler, and can help ensure that your boiler is safe, efficient, and reliable.
To get the best price we always suggest using a great boiler company like Compare Boiler Quotes.
How do you book a boiler service?
To schedule a boiler service, you can take these steps:
- Find a qualified heating engineer or boiler servicing company in your locality. You can inquire for recommendations from people you know, search online, or check with the manufacturer of your boiler for a list of recommended engineers.
- Reach out to the heating engineer or servicing company to schedule an appointment. You can either call or book online.
- Furnish details about your boiler, including its make, model, age, and any issues or concerns you’ve observed. These details will help the engineer prepare for the service and ensure they bring the necessary tools and equipment.
- Choose a date and time that is convenient for the service appointment. It’s important to book early to guarantee availability, particularly during peak periods such as winter.
- Verify the appointment details, including the cost of the service, any extra fees or charges, and the expected duration of the service.
- On the day of the appointment, ensure that the engineer can access your boiler and any necessary documentation, such as your warranty or service history. Stay available to answer any questions they may have and to guarantee a smooth and efficient service.