Fire protection and fighting equipment are necessary as precautionary measures. They are essential for all residential and commercial buildings and play a vital role in saving lives. Although the fire brigade offers vital assistance in case of a fire, this type of equipment can help reduce the amount of damage or loss of life before they arrive. Many companies offer fire services and various kinds of fire equipment like fire extinguishers, fire hoses, fire buckets, fire & welding blankets, flame orb, fire alarms, fire sprinklers, emergency lights, HVAC systems, etc. Hydrant systems, fire doors, and more. This article provides more information on installing fire doors in Brisbane.
What are fire doors?
A fire door is a special door that is designed to withstand the high temperature from the fire and act as a barrier between the fire and enclosed space. In normal circumstances, a door will not be able to withstand the heat from a fire or prevent it from spreading. On the other hand, a fire door can withstand extensive heat for a considerable amount of time depending on the rating. This type of door has a high FRL (Fire resistance level) to match the properties of an insulated wall. It has the ability to restrict the spread of smoke and fire. It is also useful as an emergency exit for the occupants of a building.
Advantages of installing fire doors
- It helps create an effective barrier from the smoke and fire thus helping protect property and lives.
- Depending on the fire rating of the door it can withstand a fire for 20 to 90 minutes.
- It is possible to create a wooden fire door to allow for those with special aesthetic requirements and practical value.
- This type of door increases the chance of people escaping from the building.
- This is ideal to secure an opening and allow people to exit without being harmed.
- They also offer a high level of soundproofing and can help avoid noise from entering in or doing out.
- It is ideal to prevent smoke from entering the room.
- It is the perfect solution in the case of a fire where the occupants need to evacuate in a hurry.
- It is a good way to prevent major damage to the property.
- In workplaces where there is a need to contain the fire or prevent the spread of toxic gases, a door like this can come in handy.
- Besides being a good solution to keep them out, such doors can also keep the burglars out since they are built tough.
Several companies offer fire services on Gold Coast, which includes various services like installation and maintenance of firefighting equipment. The professional firms will ensure the fire doors they install are compliant with Australian standards and of high quality. All fire doors will usually carry certification under the AS/NZS 1905.1 standards.
All residences and office buildings must invest in fire safety equipment. Some of the common equipment includes fire alarms, sprinklers and extinguishers. It is a good idea to invest in a fire door since there are many advantages to doing so. It is a good practice to hire experts to install your fire safety equipment. They have the skills to test and service this type of equipment besides helping install it. The fire services in Brisbane can also help train you or your staff for the appropriate use of such equipment.