The Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has given a three-month extension till March 31 for offline approval of the building plans submitted before December 31.
However, the new building plan proposals are to be submitted online.
Earlier, December 31 was the deadline for offline submission of the building plans, and over 1,500 proposals were submitted offline in December last year. These proposals are yet to be approved by the town planning department. But the builders and developers demanded extending the offline process for the building plans submitted before December 31.
The civic body officials said that the state government had given a 50% concession in premium charges by December 31 last year. Moreover, offline submission and approval of the building plans were effective by December end only.
Hence, builders and developers submitted the building plans at large in December. Now, the process of approving the building plans submitted by December 31 will be carried out manually up to March 31 only, said NMC officials.
The officials said that the online submission and approval of the building plans have been started from January 1 this year.
Nilesh Chavan, an architect, said that extending the date for offline approvals of building plans is a good decision.
“Although the government has started online submission for the new building plans from January, there is a need to have both online and offline gateways until the online system is foolproof and completely streamlined,” said Chavan, who is also the former president of the Nashik branch of Indian Institute of Architects (IIA).