Seamless floors are new generation floors that come without seams, ridges, or joints. They are poured-in-place epoxy, urethane, or methyl methacrylate formulations and they become a natural part of a building’s very structure. These floors are finished without any saw-cut or expansion joints whatsoever. These floor systems are reinforced typically with a top rebar mesh in combination with high tensile strength steel fibres and are designed for a particular crack-width.
Seamless floors offer a wide variety of designs that can be altered to one’s specific needs. Coatings can be customised with flake or quartz and unlimited color options can be implemented into the floor. Seamless floors allow for a wide variety of designs so that you don’t have to compromise aesthetics as well as durability.
Advantages of seamless floors
Unlike a 1-3-week time frame of a traditional granite, tile or marble installation, seamless floors have a much quicker turnaround. Depending on the type of floor you want installed our crew could be in and out of your facility in just days. Finishes have fast curing times that settle quickly leaving downtime to a minimum resulting in a more efficient option for fitting flooring work into a renovation/building schedule. Some of its prime advantages are-
- No joints, seams or ridges
- Impact and abrasion resistance
- Very strong than the natural concrete surface
- Seamless floors do not end up in landfills and can incorporate recycled or renewable content
- Smooth and flatter surface
- Excellent resistance to most acids and chemicals
- Seamless and non-porous
- Suitable for small and big installations;
- Highly Tensile and Flexural
- Easy to clean
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to repair
- Available in gloss, semi-gloss and matte finishes
- A clean, sleek look that is highly-coveted in commercial environments
- Good in inhabiting static electricity on a person and machines.
Types of seamless floors
Seamless floors do not need a high degree of pre planning because the floor panels can be cast in any size and shape. No saw-cutting is to be done for these floors as they are designed for a crack-width requirement (typically ≤ 0. 2 mm). They are categorised under 4 divisions depending on the varieties of resins used as base components, seamless floors are divided into the following types.
- Concrete Seamless Flooring: This type of flooring is the most robust and is also the preferred choice for both residential as well as shops and showrooms. They create continuity between the indoor and outdoor spaces since they can be applied also outside, with some special treatments.
- Epoxy Seamless Flooring: This flooring is made from two-component epoxy mixtures. Due to slight shrinkage, good adhesion to the substrate and resistance to mechanical and aggressive influences. These are used in rooms where significant physical stresses on the floor or the influence of aggressive environments.
- Polyurethane Seamless Flooring: This flooring is made from two components with the addition of various modifiers, reagent oligomers and hardeners. Polyurethane self-leveling floors are characterized by high elasticity, resistance to vibrations, loads and temperature differences.
- Polyester Seamless Flooring: The composition of polyester blends includes resins and quartz sand of fine fraction. It offers a high rate of solidification allowing you to get a hygienic and dust-free surface in just a few hours.
Application areas of seamless floors
Every industry can benefit from seamless flooring, both commercial and industrial. Its application industries include-
- Food & Beverage
- Water treatment facilities
- Technology Centre
- General Manufacturing
- Retail Environments
- Office Buildings
- Auto Manufacturing
There are many different types of flooring options that offer various colors and styles but finding a floor that offers the right design, meets one’s performance standards and can be easy to clean can be difficult. Therefore, seamless floors are a great option for fulfilling both aesthetics and durability. Seamless concrete floor coverings are trendy and come with many color options. Besides, these can be designed and refined using techniques: Our every hand-laid floor is always unique: whether in natural white or dyed, whether shiny or lusterless, smooth.
Image Source: 4floors.co.za, creativemaintenance.com, dciflooring.com, permafloor.com, epoxyflooringmalaysia.com, pinterest.com, nora.com