The construction of five new bypasses will begin soon in the state along with the widening of NH-66. National Highways Authority of India will construct these bypasses under the Bharatmala project apart from the proposed Vizhinjam-Paripally outer ring road.
Projects worth a total of Rs 1.52 lakh crore are being implemented.
A logistics park will be built in Kochi for cargo movement. 25 logistics parks will be developed across the country.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, who will arrive in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, will announce new projects. The state government has requested the Centre to include the development of 11 roads in the Bharatmala project.
Regional committees headed by the District Collector and state committees chaired by the Chief Minister have been formed to assess road development.
- Rs 66000 crores- for NH 66
- Rs 86,000 crores- for other roads
1. Kadampattukonam-Shenkottai Greenway (land acquisition notification has been issued)
2. Thiruvananthapuram- Angamaly Bypass
3. Palakkad – Kozhikode Bypass
4. Malappuram-Mysore Greenway
5. Kochi – Tuticorin Expressway